Friday, June 18, 2010

WOW!

I've heard so many people rave about how much they love the Fat Quarter Shop, but I hadnt had an opportunity to make any orders from them until yesterday. And all I have to say is WOW! I made my order yesterday at about 2:30pm and UPS dropped it on my door step at 10am this morning! That's right, less than 24 hours later! I could not believe it! (and I did not do expedited shipping.)
Fat Quarter Shop box
Not to mention the packaging. Everything comes wrapped so nicely with cute little Fat Quarter Shop stickers and ribbons.

Here's my loot:

These two came from the Sale section. I saw the first fabric and it caught my eye for some reason. Not my typical print. But then I realized it came from the same fabric line (Aster Manor) that I used for my long-forgotten-about Crazy Mom Star Quilt-Along (that I have yet to finish.) Well I whipped out my quilt-along fabrics and found that I, in fact, had never bought anything to use for the setting blocks. So this worked out perfect, especially since it was on sale!

And the second will be backing for a vintage-style quilt top that I just finished up.

Fat Quarter Loot

But my most favorite part was receiving my supplies for the 2010 Designer Mystery Block of the Month. I had a hard time deciding whether or not to join. It's a little expensive for my taste and I was worried that it wasn't something that I'd totally love.

Fat Quarter Loot- 2010 Mystery BOM
But after seeing the reveal of the first block, I was hooked. I've always wanted to make a Christmas quilt, but never found any fabric that I liked much. It was either too traditional or too novelty-ish. I almost used Figgy Pudding last year, but decided it just wasnt quite right. And when I saw Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas line come out this year, I still wasnt sure if it was right for me. That is until I saw the first Block of the Month...then I knew.

I mean, look at it. Is that not the cutest thing ever?! I have pretty high expectations for the rest of the blocks. Hopefully they live up to it and I end up loving the quilt!
12 Days of Christmas BOM
You can check out the 12 Days of Christmas Flickr pool to see more completed blocks for the BOM and other projects using the fabric line.

It's not too late to join the Block of the Month! (and you dont have to order the backing or finishing quilt from them, since it's kinda expensive. You can just do your own thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment