Thursday, May 6, 2010

April Block for the Fussy Cut Bee

I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to put these fabrics together. In the end, it wasnt so hard because I barely had enough fabric to squeeze out this block. I wish there would have been enough of the purple fabric to have it in the center and the other corners, but I think it still turned out well. I love the tree print!

April block for Victoria
I had also read about the problems everyone else was having putting this block together and was a little scared to try it out. But I finally made myself. And I almost gave up soo many times. It is a really difficult block to piece! Hence the name Jig-Saw. But I miraculously was able to get it put together. The whole time making this block, I swore I would never make this block again, ever! But in the end, I actually really like the way it looks. I like how it takes the traditional whirly-gig block and adds the center square. I'd probably alter it for myself and not have the triangle pieces in the corners.
April Block- Fussy Cut Bee
If you are interested in making the block, the template and instructions can be found here. Even it you're not interested, take a look at how it's pieced together. Once you get the hang of it, I dont think it would be too difficult to make an entire quilt out of. The hardest part is figuring out which direction to offset the pieces when putting it together. The instructions for this block are horrible, if you can even call them instructions. They're more like just diagrams. All in all it was a great learning experience!

See more blocks made by other bee members here.

No comments:

Post a Comment