Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Baby Sling

A good friend of mine just had a little baby boy. She also has an adorable almost two year old girl. And this girly is always on the go. So my friend definitely needed an easy way to tote the baby around. I found this adorable Alexander Henry fabric and couldn't pass it up. (Outer is "yoko" and lining is Quilters Only Poppy Passion.)Here I'm sporting my almost two year old in the hip carry positionSince little girly loves to help out so much and do what mommy's doing, she definitely needed one of her own.My little man wasn't the biggest fan, but then again, he definitely doesn't have the "mothering" instinct. He gave his bear a hearty pat, then moved on to another toy and got annoyed with the bear in his way.

There are tons of different tutorials out there for baby slings. I used one by the Domest Divas found here. I cut my fabric out the same size as they suggest in the tutorial, since it was supposed to be a size small. Next time I would definitely take off 3-5in. in length. It seemed quite long, but Im not sure since I dont have a baby to try it out with. (On most sling sizing charts, I wear a small. See the Hotsling sizing chart and how-to video here.)

It was incredibly easy to make and definitely cheaper, even with adding an inner lining of muslin to give some extra strength. I used 2 years of each of the three fabrics, totaling 6 yards, but it's enough to make two adult sized slings.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Amber! What a nice gift (and love the matching kid size!) The fabric is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete